Thursday 10 July 2014

Only me! You don't want to be doing logical fallacies like that!

There can be only one video...


Here's only me on 9.7.14, at the Trafalgar Inn Aldershot, just before karaoke.
Only me! 9.7.14.

EDIT: And here's only me on 10.7.14, at the Lion Brewery Ash, just before the jam session.
Only me! 10.7.14.

From Here are the results after one month on my high fat, lower protein, SAME carbohydrate intake:-

Fredrick Hahn said...
"I've said this to Nigel before Tom Traynor and he insists he doesn't want muscles.

But to be fair to Nigel, he can indeed be 100% correct and at the same time be a blubbery, weak, mess of a man. You can be a great lung cancer doctor and smoke..."

Tom Traynor said...
"NK LOOKS terrible!--soft, fat and weak--and drum roll: "Doesn't want any muscle". So he is an absolute FOOL, too (loss of muscle mass predicting mortality--among MANY other facets). That's all the "science" I need."

What I actually wrote:-
Nigel Kinbrum said...
"Considering my age (59.25), I'm in pretty good condition. I'm 6' tall and weigh 198lbs. I have *no* desire to have big muscles or a 6-pack. Each to their own."

Misquoting, or quoting out of context is a Straw man fallacy. Saying that a physical characteristic invalidates knowledge is an Ad Hominem fallacy. In addition, saying that a lack of relevant qualifications invalidates knowledge is an inverse Argument from authority fallacy. Repeated use of logical fallacies is intellectual dishonesty.

6 comments:

Galina L. said...

You look great!

Galina L. said...

I disagree with the idea that people are either soft and weak of bulging with muscles. Many frequent gym goers look very unnaturally, many very strong people do not have prominently looking muscles.

Nigel Kinbrum said...

Thank you!

My cheque is in the post ;-)

Nigel Kinbrum said...

I don't have any visible abs, but I'm slowly reducing my bodyfat %.

My legs are quite muscly, my calves are well-defined and I have some veins showing on my arms.

I'll show that Fred!

MacSmiley said...

Hahaha! Nothing like Bri'ish humor.…I mean, humour!

marie said...

Nigel, you look wonderful! Better even than last time I saw you in real time, over a year ago.
Good job, why you don't look a day over 59.20 (you had to see that coming, eh? ;-))