Sunday 13 July 2014

The "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! (losing team)" diet.

This post may be a little "tongue-in-cheek", in places.


I nearly used a certain scene from Blazing Saddles. It would have been much more entertaining.

As I said in Why you really can't outrun your fork:-
"Although I totally support the use of low-carbohydrate/calorie diets for people with insulin resistance or Type 2 diabetes, now that I'm no longer insulin resistant, I can eat natural carbohydrates without any problems.

A medium-sized (orange-fleshed) Sweet Potato takes only 4 minutes to bake in its jacket in a 700W microwave oven. The flesh is moist & sweet, unlike that of a Yam or potato.

I eat the whole thing, including the jacket. It's very filling and I'm still able to lose weight. For active and insulin sensitive people, a Kitavan-style diet is absolutely fine."

In the TV series "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!", there are two teams at the beginning. Members of each team compete against each other, to win food for their respective teams. The winning team gets to eat all sorts of exciting animal produce from "down-under". The losing team gets to eat rice & beans.

By the end of the series, team members (especially the over-fat celebrities) had lost a lot of body-fat. Coincidence? I think not. Combining Long-grain Rice with Beans (set Serving size: to 100g) provides all the Essential Amino Acids and is very filling. How do I know this? Guess!

I never used to like rice (it was always cooked "a l'anglaise"), but adding a squirt of Sweet Chilli Sauce to Basmati rice before cooking, makes it taste great!

5 comments:

billy the k said...

Agreed! 100g of Trader Joe's Organic (white!) Basmati rice [product of India] cooked in 200g of water atop a double boiler for 20 minutes, stir in ~1/2 Tbsp
butter, add salt and pepper: yields two servings [~40g net carbs each] of a mighty good starch accompaniment to dark red kidney beans topped with a medium-hot salsa. Or as a side to a 6oz buffalo burger...

Nigel Kinbrum said...

I use the "lazy man's" cooking method. Soaked beans & soaked rice in a glass casserole dish. Squirt of sweet chilli sauce. Frozen veggies on top. Put lid on & microwave for ~25 mins. Ping! All done! :-D

Latif said...

I think making meals for 4 or 5 days in advance is the best solution
because healthy restaurants are expensive to eat from them daily. I recommend Poleo
Recipes provide you with easy, healthy and delicious food that is easy to cook.

This is the link to buy it if you’re interested.

http://5dc87wj8xhnlv82p1k38k27l6c.hop.clickbank.net/

ian said...

Yes, however, it just doesn't look or sound that appetizing!

Nigel Kinbrum said...

It tastes fine! By the time food reaches the stomach, it all looks like diced carrots anyway. :-P