Thursday 20 January 2011

My kind of town (Yateley is)

Another random post with a musical title. On my walks, I pass several places of interest. Here are some pictures. Permission to publish all pics granted.

1) The White Lion (a foody pub).


2) Yateley War Memorial.


3) Jessie's (part of Yateley Industries for the disabled).


4) Yateley MOT Centre (where I go to get my car serviced/repaired).


5) The Co-op (where I go to get loads of bargains).


6) Yateley Medical Centre (where I go to get myself serviced/repaired).


7) St Peter's Church (taken after dark, so a longish exposure).


8) The Dog & Partridge (a top quality food & music pub, former headquarters of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party!).


9) Boots (where I get my meds).


10) Chez Nige (where I live).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics Nigel, but where's the snow? I did stop briefly in England in 1989 but cannot afford to visit again. I felt so great there and the people were so hospitable.

Kateryna

Nigel Kinbrum said...

Hi Kateryna.

I was just reading your blog when email notification of your comment arrived.

The snow has been and gone but will probably be back, when everything will again grind to a halt causing yet more whingeing about the weather!

Glad you liked the pics. I have an Olympus FE-190 that fits in my shirt pocket along with my phone, calculator and pen. Engineers!

Nige.

Anonymous said...

Well then I have to stop by tonight on my shopping trip and pick up a cheap digital camera so that I can impress everyone with the barricade of snow that can be seen out my living room window. Of course I'll have to figure out how to paste them into my blog. I really don't want to be tech savvy but it's being forced upon me.
Kateryna

Nigel Kinbrum said...

Hi again Kateryna.

Adding images is a doddle, though the editor isn't wysiwyg so there's some faffing around making the format look pretty.

On my new wide blog format, images are 560 pixels wide. This stops text from flowing around them (except in the editor, where text manages to flow around them!) Your blog is narrower, so your pics will have to be smaller.

I tried (& failed) to add a video the other day. I don't know what went wrong. It just wouldn't play.

Nige.

Nigel Kinbrum said...

Update:

I've just sussed how to embed a YouTube video by selecting one on somebody else's blog, right-clicking on the selection and selecting "View Selection Source". I then saved the text in a .txt file for future use.

Easy-peasy!