Wednesday 9 May 2012

You're free, and a testimonial.

First, the music video.


I have to admit that I'm not exactly what you'd call "exciting". Apart from driving my yellow MX-5 very fast in the middle of the night when there's nobody around, I'm not an adrenaline junkie. My mother used to throw herself out of light aircraft with a parachute on her back. There were occasions where her main 'chute either failed to open or it became tangled and had to be "cut away" before deploying the reserve.

I'll fly through the air when I've grown a pair of wings. I'll swim when I've grown a set of gills. I'll climb up the side of a mountain when I've grown two extra legs and have the strength & balance of a goat.

In some ways, I'm lucky to have slightly defective hearing & vision. I'm happy with the sound quality of inexpensive stereos and I don't need HDTV. I get my kicks from singing and from helping people to improve their health. I believe that health is number one priority as, without it, you can't properly do or enjoy things in life.

So, you're free to do what you want to do. Also, you're free to take or leave my advice! Anyway...

Somebody who I've known for about 14 years had been suffering from fairly obvious signs of magnesium deficiency (anxiety, poor sleep, cramps, spasms etc) for quite a while, so I virtually frog-marched him to the pharmacy at Tesco on bank holiday Monday and got him to buy a pot of Epsom Salts and add some to a smoothie.

He wishes to remain anonymous, but last night he informed me that he's feeling much better and is now pooing normally for the first time in 20 years. That's probably how long he's been deficient in magnesium. I've also given him 14 Vitamin D3 5,000iu mini gelcaps to try, as he suffers from low moods and rarely gets any sun on his skin.

Our bodies work so much better when they have all the nutrients that they need.

5 comments:

tess said...

I got a *lol* out of that.... amazing what the right nutrients can do -- a "medical professional" would have prescribed three pharmaceuticals.

Nigel Kinbrum said...

It's just as well that I'm an amateur who has no idea what I'm doing! ;-p

Since I wrote this post, I've had a phone call from a friend who just spent £6.69 on 200 Kalms tablets for her anxiety. Guess what I recommended?

She also spent £7 on 100 Vitamin D3 1,000iu capsules. For £7.50, she could have got 365 Vitamin D3 5,000iu mini gelcaps from the US.

Unknown said...

Curious about something.

This friend of yours, did he try to treat this two-decade battle for healthy bowel movements with the typical case of high insoluble fibre? Specifically, lots of wheat bran?

If so -- and if it's okay to share -- how did that turn out for him?


I personally think that having intestines that aren't very tense is probably a better alternative to irritating and scraping them into releasing stool. Plenty of damage can be done with that approach.

Nigel Kinbrum said...

I believe that he just ate utter shite (and still does) and "put up with" irregular/hard/painful bowel movements.

Unknown said...

Hahaha!

Mmm. Utter shite!

Thanks for the further information, and the post.